Reading is Sexy

Thursday, August 31, 2006

platinum weddings

Does anyone watch that show on WE? It's frightening. Did you know that some brides can spend up to 85K on flowers? Can I tell you that 85K is more than I make in a year?

So, I already don't really enjoy wedding planning, much to Fiance's (nee Boyfriend) dismay. It's just SUCH a scam! We had a wedding planner tell us that we should plan on spending $8000 on pictures. What? I don't need an $8000 photo album in my living room that no one else is going to look at except my parents, thank you very much. And flowers? Don't even get me started. They die. In a day. I'm not spending $4000 on flowers that I will never look at/touch/smell again.

Sigh, needless to say, I'm not one of those women who has planned their fairy princess wedding since she was a little girl. Here's the thing about me: I HATE being the center of attention. I HATE planning parties. And I don't look good in white.

It's a good thing that he is kind of into it, because thus far, he has done most of the planning. And I have a feeling he will continue to do most of the planning.

I actually feel terrible that Fiance is more into this than I am.....so here is my list of what I'm REALLY looking foward to about my upcoming nuptuals.

1. Walking with my dad down the aisle.
2. Seeing the look on Fiance's face when he sees me in my dress.
3. Being introduced as man and wife.
4. Seeing all my best friends and family in one room.
5. Signing the marriage certificate.
6. Dancing my fanny off with my Besty's
7. Leaving the reception knowing that we threw such an excellent party that all my friends will be hungover.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude,
embrace it. those 7 things are THE most important. Don't worry about anything else. I will say this...photos are important, but not $8000 important.

good food, good wine, good you.
oh, and good dancing.

most important.

you. beautiful bride. me. crying 'cause my little girl is all grown up.

knot.com works...if you work it.

xox
KK

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home