Reading is Sexy

Monday, August 28, 2006

milestones.....

Graduating college. Moving to San Francisco. Buying a brand new sofa. Switching from CDs to my Ipod. These have all been major milestones in my life. Saturday afternoon, I passed the most important milestone of all when Boyfriend asked me to marry him.

It came as very little surprise to any of my friends and family….. or me for that matter. We have been talking about getting married since about, oh, our fourth date. But I was still speechless when he asked….which never really happens.

I’m so thankful that Boyfriend and I took a chance on each other. I met him at an inopportune time in my life….when I was still reeling from a very painful break-up and needing a break from dating. He was not what women refer to as “good on paper.” He was jobless. He was traveling the US and living out of his truck. He was crashing on friend’s sofas. His permanent address was his mother’s.

Conversely, he took some chances when he cut his travels short and made the choice to live in an expensive city far from him family and friends.

And yet, it made perfect sense for us to go on our first date even though he was leaving the next day for an indefinite period of time to surf in Southern California. I never had a moments doubt that he wouldn’t come back, wouldn’t pick up the phone when I called, wouldn’t return my emails. I knew with 100 percent certainty that he and I were going to somehow be linked to each other.

And now we are. Permanently and legally.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not quite legally yet hon, but we are working on it.

And I'm still not 'good on paper', but you said yes anyway. Just shows how much your are blinded by love. :)

Just FYI for your loyal readers, our beloved blogger was in fact completely speechless, and shaking, and laughing uncontrolably with nervous laughter. It was very sweet.

 
At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love fiance, love my sister, love that she was speechless (never happens), can't wait for June!

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger -kenneth- said...

As the professional husband, I admit I'm a little misty-eyed. And so very happy for you both!

And who cares if he's good on paper or not? He carries the Official Good With Gays seal of approval. I know that's something all hetersosexual women hope for in a man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home