Reading is Sexy

Friday, August 04, 2006

WWKD?

Dear Readers, I am coming out of the Music Snob Closet. I am a Kelly Clarkson Fan and my name is Kirsten.

And I didn’t even watch American Idol!!!! I came to this realization all on my own. I adore her and her nose ring and her new haircut and her cute little Texas accent. I love Breakaway. I love Behind These Hazel Eyes. I love Addicted.

Last night, I attended my first Kelly Clarkson concert at Shoreline Amphitheater. I say *first*, because there will be more. I shall celebrate Kelly’s entire body of work and will attend every one of her tours……it was that good. I shall take my unborn children to Kelly and tell them, “Whenever you are faced with indecision or crises, just ask yourself, ‘What Would Kelly Do?' Because Kelly has the answers.”

Case in point.....one could ask Kelly, "Kelly, should I wear my hair up or down at my friend's wedding in 2 weeks b/c I usually wear my hair up?" Kelly's Answer: "Take a chance, take a risk, make a change."

Thank you Kelly, I shall wear my hair DOWN.

Not only does Kelly have the answers…..Kelly has got the pipes. The girl has TALENT. Regardless if you like her music or not……there is no denying that she can sing well and entertain a crowd of pre-teens, teenagers, gay men, parents and some very conspicuous women in their, ahem, mid-30s who were NOT accompanying children to the show.

I don’t know why I like Kelly so much. I’m far too old to relate to her lyrics. I can’t really sing along b/c her range is WAY outta control. But I just find her lovely and refreshing and seemingly down to earth. Even if it’s all the work of her PR flack and she actually parties with Lindsay Lohan every weekend, I think that teenagers need to see a talented woman with a real nose and a real body REALLY singing songs that she obviously cares about (Ashlee Simpson, are you reading this?)

Plus, you just can’t deny that Since You’ve Been Gone is this generation’s I Will Survive.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the 30 something mom of a wannabee tweener, I can't wait for my first Kelly concert. You haven't lived until you've rocked to Kelly with your kid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home