Reading is Sexy

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Listening to: The Last Kiss Sountrack

Usually, I try to refrain from reviewing movies or music because there are people out there in the Bloggersphere who are far more eloquent than I am, but every now and again, an album catches my fancy and I listen to it obsessively.

Some obsessively-listened to albums from my past include: Live’s “Throwing Copper”, Edie Brickell’s “Shooting Rubberbands at the Moon” and Damien Rice’ “O”.

Right now, I can’t bring myself to stop listening to “The Last Kiss” soundtrack.

I won’t waste time here reviewing the movie, although I really liked it. Nutshell: Zach Braff and his friends are all 30-somethings feeling trapped by their relationships or marriages. Just rent it. You’ll like it.

But the soundtrack……holy god, I love it. I’m listening to it right now for about the 28th time this week. It’s mellow, heavily showcases singer/songwriters rather than bands, and most importantly, they are all easy to sing (which I have been doing for days now).

Some highlights: 1) Snow Patrol’s “Chocolate” is a brutally honest song about a guy who seriously fucks up his relationship and wants to make amends; 2) “Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk” by Rufus Wainright is so upbeat and quirky I feel like I’m on a ride at Disneyland; 3) the perfectly synthesized “Hide and Seek” by Imogen Heap is totally hypnotic and makes me want to lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling; and 4) “Paperweight” by Joshua Radin is one of the sweetest love songs I have heard in a long time.

These are just some of my favorites, but all 15 songs are completely listen-worthy. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home