Reading is Sexy

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Books and Booze

Two of my favorite things in this life are a good book and a good, stiff drink. And thank god my friends and family seem to understand me so well, because my extraordinary bridal shower planners threw a “Books and Booze”-themed shower for me last weekend. The also hosted an 80s-themed bachelorette party during which I scored the most awesome “I Love Jake Ryan” t-shirt (thanks sis!).

In, addition to numerous bottles of wine, I now have on my BTR (Books to Read) shelf: Freddy and Frederica (thanks Ali) The Prophet (thanks mom), The Celestine Prophesy (thanks mom), Marie Antoinette (thanks mom), the Kama Sutra (thanks Namita), Site Hound (thanks Chrissy and Becky), Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (thanks Christina), a couple awesome cookbooks (thanks Frauli and Danielle) and numerous books on bartending and wine-pairing (thanks Ronda and Karen).

This is all good news because Fiance and I are planning a 3-week honeymoon in Italy and I will need something to keep me occupied on our 13-hour flight to Naples. I’ve already started Freddy and Fredericka, which is very different from the type of book I usually read (historical fiction) so it’s taking me a while to get into it, but so far, I’m really liking it.

More reviews to come next week. I plan to devote a couple hours this week to reading and reviewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home