Reading is Sexy

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

40 out of 1000?

I love lists. And thank god there is listology.com to satisfy my obsessive need to check things off.

Here’s a list of 1000 books to read before you die.

It’s a pretty good list, I have to say. Of the measly 40 books on this list that I have read, they are probably 40 of my favorite books of all time. (I took a moral stance and did not include books that I couldn’t finish or movies that I saw instead of reading the book, or my list would have been closer to 100).

Incidentally, my FAVORITE book on this list and easily one of my Top Five Favorite Books Ever? Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood. Get thee to a bookstore….at once….. and buy it.

How many have you read? And more importantly, what’s your favorite book on here…..b/c I can’t find a THING to read right now.

4 Comments:

At 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

19 or 20... I guess I just read a lot fo crap. But, my favorites are "The Bell Jar", "Gone with the Wind", and "Breakfast at Tiffanies". All about women. If you haven't read them, I love them.
Ronda

 
At 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What have I been reading for the last 30 years? It sure is not on that list.

Which one should I start with oh pretty one?

Lastly, there is two of the cutest book stores right next store to my new house...come visit and we will read.

xoxxo

 
At 6:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me again. I just printed the list and I have read 52. Remember when I went through my "I must read the classics"phase---it saved my ass.

Must read more..good bye Tivo, good bye Project Runway, good bye Amazing Race.

xox
KK

 
At 6:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me again. I just printed the list and I have read 52. Remember when I went through my "I must read the classics"phase---it saved my ass.

Must read more..good bye Tivo, good bye Project Runway, good bye Amazing Race.

xox
KK

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home