Reading is Sexy

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I can’t sleep.

I am a bad sleeper. In the past year or so, it’s gotten really bad. I wake up 4-5 times a night. I get night sweats. I have nightmares. My mind races. I worry about not getting enough sleep in order to function at work. And I cry in bed and wake Fiance up.

It doesn’t help that our apartment has the walls the consistency of tissue paper and I can hear our upstairs neighbor breathe (very heavily). It also doesn’t help that Fiance has a deviated septum and tends to snore. It also doesn’t help that we have pipes in our walls that bang for 30 minutes at 4:20 a.m. every morning when the heat goes on.

I’m tired. And I’m not fun right now. And I’m on the verge of tears a lot of the time. And I fear that I’m not being a good partner to Fiance when I’m like this.

So I want to officially apologize to Fiance and my friends and family who read this blog because I realize I’m not myself right now.

But I'm trying to figure it out.

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair, you only cried once, and that was very soon after the night I fell asleep on the couch and woke you up at 4:00, and you couldn't go back to sleep before work. I want to officially apologize to you for that, and for my total lack of ability to stay asleep on my side and stop snoring...

I know you are having a rough time hon, no need to apologize. We will work it out soon enough.

Oh, and we need to move, soon.

 
At 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Earplugs. I swear by them. love n

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home