Reading is Sexy

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

An Ode to my Boyfriend

Boyfriend is so lovely. He’s been laid up in our 1-bedroom apartment for almost 3 weeks after foot surgery and he has really only been mopey once or twice. He has been particularly sweet the past few days in helping my buy a car, so I have composed the following Thank You Note to him.

Boyfriend,

Thank you for avoiding the Triple Word Score.

Thank you for telling me that my nieces are the most adorable girls in the world and meaning it.

Thank you for hiring a housecleaner.

Thank you for ordering Burmese take-out when you know I don’t want to cook.

Thank you for watching The Real Housewives of Orange County with me.

Thank you for actually contributing catty comments while watching The Real Housewives of Orange County with me.

Thank you for not complaining TOO loud that I stopped buying Coke Zero after I decided you were drinking too much soda.

Thank you for recycling the Diet Dr. Pepper bottles that you buy when I’m not around before I get home.

Thank you for buying new jeans when I informed you that your old jeans were too short.

Thank you for listening to me fret and worry and kvetch about money, housing prices, my job, my gramma and just about everything else.

Thank you for always reminding me where we are parked.

“Thank you India.

Thank you providence.

Thank you disillusionment”

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come over and drink soda and watch RWOC? Burmese too please

xoxo

 
At 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Burmese take out.

And even though I have a wonderful boyfriend and haven't even met yours (though I fancy we both know each other's names), I want one just like that.

Lucky girl.

 
At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home