Reading is Sexy

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's like Christmas in March

Ahhhhh, Amazon.

My Amazon package came yesterday which brightened my otherwise dismal work day. I am making a promise to you, dear readers (and really, there are only two of you…..Ronda and Ryan), NOT to discuss my job, b/c this blog could easily become a rant against my place of employment. I fear termination too much and I would hate to lose my 5 weeks of PTO a year.

Like, I said, I LOVE Amazon delivery days. It’s like my birthday, except I know exactly what I’m getting AND I paid for it, so, it’s really not like my birthday at all.

I just received 2 books, “Housekeeping”, and “Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen”.

I’m TOTALLY excited to read the latter. My boss Kenneth told me about it a few months ago and my interest was piqued because my boyfriend and I are trying to explore cooking a little more…..but our kitchen is the size of a shoebox. We can’t both stand in the kitchen at the same time or I get very cranky. I can't image trying to create a Julia Child's recipe in my kitchen, so I hope I will be inspired. I think my boyfriend is getting tired of taco salad, turkey meatballs and chicken parmesan....which are really the only meals I know how to make, and I can't even claim I cook them well.

Anyway, the book comes highly recommended from Kenneth, a foodie and gourmet cook and fellow “Top Chef” fan. He makes salsa from scratch, so I consider him a good reference.

I’ll let you know if I learn how to make crepes, dear readers.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... a new posting. You made my otherwise dismal work day, just that much more pleasant. I'll check out the books. Hey, have you read "Gone with the Wind." It is on some of the lists you mentioned. I had a bad attitude about it because of the movie. But, it truly is a fabulous book. I couldn't put it down. RR

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home