Reading is Sexy

Friday, March 03, 2006

now is the time to live your ideal life

I love that quote. Cousineau said it. It's printed on a magnet that I have up in my cube at work and every day it dares me to do something that i have been wanting to do for a while.....create a blog.

This is my first ever entry in my first ever blog.

I read A LOT of blogs. I'm obsessed with celebrity gossip blogs and I don't know why. I should not be obsessed with Brangelina. In fact, I shouldn't have even written the word Brangelina. That is totally asinine. WHY do I care about if Lindsay Lohan's boob fell out of her dress? WHY do I care about how much weight Jared Leto has gained for some movie about a serial killer that probably shouldn't even be made b/c there are just too many movies being made about serial killers that are fictional and do we really need to watch an entire movie about a readl serial killer?

I have just spend the past hour emailing with my close friend (we'll call her Hot Mom, b/c she totally is.....a hot mom) about why she and I read these celebrity gossip magazines and blogs and shows on a FANATICAL basis.

I have no answer. But I do know this: They are sucking the intelligence out of me. So.....this blog will be about something that I love to do that ISN'T sucking the intelligence out of me. Reading.

I'm not sure if this will be a place where I review books, or just make lists of books I want to read, or have my friends talk about their favorite books. I have a feeling it's all going to sort itself out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home