Reading is Sexy

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

READING: Auschwitz - A new History

Picked up this book b/c I saw an interview with the author on the BBC. It's written by the Director of History Programming for the BBC......Laurence Rees.

I think it's going to be along the lines of The Rape of Nanking in terms of how I'm going to feel while reading it. I had to read Bridget Jones Diary after that one. Twice.

I've had a morbid fascination with the Holocaust ever since I was in 4th grade, when I read the Diary of Anne Frank. I read a lot about it since then.....just trying to understand.

I don't think I'll learn anything that will shed some light, nothing ever will, but the interesting thing about this book is that Rees was able to interview a lot of Nazi's who are now dead. Apparently, their increasing age loosened their tongues a bit and the interviews are supposed to be quite remarkable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home