Reading is Sexy

Monday, July 02, 2007

Back to the Real World

Hello dear readers, after a long hiatus I am back and I'm married and honeymooned and everything. No, not pregnant for those of you who were wondering.

Our wedding was beautiful and fun and Ryan and I had a blast. I know that everyone says that their wedding was the best wedding ever, but they are wrong. Mine was the Best Wedding Ever.

My good friend Janice told me that during my wedding I would be surprised, both pleasantly and unpleasantly, by friends and family. I am choosing to focus on the "pleasantly surprised" aspect.

I have, for a long time, suspected that I have the best friends a girl could have and my wedding proved my assumption correct.

My little urban family charmed my real family, Ryan's family and also my vendors (no joke, my DJ wrote me a note about how cool my friends are!) and made the entire weekend fun and funny and totally memorable. I will NEVER forget my girlfriends chanting "OVULATION! Cha cha cha!" as Ryan and I were leaving the after party to consumate our marriage. And I am sure the bartender won't either.

In particular, I can't thank Keith and Namita enough for all the wonderful things they did and said for us (Keith married us) that weekend.

My sister, brother-in-law and their best friends, Jeff and Frau, were also complete rock stars and I can't say enough good things to them or about them.

In short, a very long and stressful nine months of my life are now over and I have excellent memories of our wedding day. Now I can get back to what I really enjoy ... reading and blogging.

I did SOME reading on the honeymoon, and I will be posting my reviews in the next couple days.

4 Comments:

At 7:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. Missed you tons. Happy Marriage!

 
At 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree..it was the funnest wedding ever! You have awesome friends. Happy ovulation..cha, cha, cha. :)
See you guys soon, love ya!...J&F

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger -kenneth- said...

I was there, and I'm prepared to testify. It was indeed the best wedding ever. Possibly could have been better with the inclusion of me as flower girl. But I understand how you were pressured to choose someone ... how shall we say ... more gender and age appropriate.

Congrats again to you and that man we all adore!!!

 
At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I had a great time, got my drink on, kicked up my heels and laughed a lot! RR

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home