Reading is Sexy

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Review: A Long Way Down

Now, I love Nick Hornby. LOVED loved loved About a Boy (the movie too, but the book was just lovely). I really truly enjoyed How to be Good, and I even liked Fever Pitch even though I didn't know what he was talking about half the time.

This book, A Long Way Down ... sigh, don't waste your time. Here's the gist: Four simply miserable souls end up on New Year's Eve at the top of a very tall apartment building in London with the same thought: to kill themselves.

One thing leads to another and they all agreed to wait 6 weeks, give life a try and come back on Valentine's Day. On V-day, they decide that life, while still sucking hardcore, is not that bad, so they give it another 90 days.

And it went ON and ON and ON. No one killed themselves. No one really was happy about NOT killing themselves, they all hated each other, and in turn, I hated every single one of them. Jump already!!!!

Ugh. Please someone ... I need a good book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home