Reading is Sexy

Friday, April 14, 2006

she's like butta......

Ok, so I'm really *trying* to learn how to cook. But it's hard when my favorite Burmese take-out joint is just a 5 minute walk away and, let's face it, I'm lazy.

Plus, I just don't think I inherited the cooking gene in my family. My sister is an excellent cook. She and her husband have this ability to work all day AND chase after a 2-year-old AND drive a 7-year-old to ballet lessons AND get the same 7-year-old to do her homework AND care for an extremely hyperactive dog AND an anti-social cat. Inevitably, when I call their house and ask what is going on, the answer is, "Just cooking some....insert name of delicious sounding food here."

If I lived her life, my kids would be eating Taco Bell bean burritos every single night.

But, I digress. Like I said, we are cooking at least twice a week now and I'm actually sort of enjoying it. And I love watching FoodTV. I love "Everyday Italian". I love "30 Minute Meals" (although I loathe Rachel Ray and her constant use of the word "yumm-O." Just stop, ok?) But my one true LOVE LOVE LOVE in the whole wide world is Paula Deen. Have you watched "Paula's Home Cooking?" Tivo it. Immediately. And then thank me.

Paula is brilliant. She seriously has it all figured out. Do you know the ingredient to eternal happiness? It's butter.

Yep. Paula Deen is seriously the happiest woman I have ever seen and I truly believe it's because she embraces butter. Nay, she willingly devours it. Ninety-nine percent of her recipes call for at least 1 stick of butter and the really good ones call for two sticks. And you know what? Paula is beautiful. Her hair, her skin, her laugh.....she stunning. Ok, so, she's a bit curvy, but she looks FABulous. I could learn a thing or two.

Which brings me to my long-winded segue into what I'm reading today: Paula Deen's Website. My coworkers and I are salivating over her lunch menu and wondering when our office cafe will begin offering shrinp and grits (served with a butter sauce, by the way).

......Omigod, she has cooking classes for $250. Sweetie, if you're reading.....we're going to Savannah........

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it ironic that you won blue ribbons for your baking in 4-H when we were kids? What went wrong?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home