Reading is Sexy

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Deadwood

I haven't been posting too much lately, due in large part to the fact that I haven't been reading much. Alas, I have been playing Florence Nightingale to my recently-operated upon boyfriend, and we have been spending a lot of time watching movies and catching up on On Demand TV.

Now, I'm always the last one to jump on the bandwagon about anything, and I'm usually one or two seasons behind on good television. I started watching Six Feet Under during it's 4th season and had to spend 2 full weekends watching the DVDs to figure out why the heck Brenda and Nate were so completely fucked up. I didn't start watching Buffy until Season 5. And I missed the entire first season of Deadwood. I have just this weekend rectified that situation.

Afore-mentioned crippled boyfriend and I spent this weekend on the sofa drinking ginger ale and sharing his pain killers while watching all 12 hours of Deadwood. In fact, as we speak, he is downloading most of Season 2 (probably illegally, but no one knows his name so don't even try and have him arrested).

Deadwood is fanFUCKINGtastic, fellow readers (watch about 2 minutes of the show and you will realize why I'm swearing so much). Never have I felt this tender affection for a group of heroin-addicted, alcoholic, murdering whores, hustlers and pimps. Throw in a smolderingly attractive hardware salesman turned sheriff, a recently widowed damsel in distress, and foul-mouthed physician suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and color me HOOKED, folks.

And I haven't even waxed poetic about my love for Calamity Jane. Oh good lord, I j'adore dear Jane and endearing way she bellows "cocksucker" at everyone who crosses her path.

I implore you to put down your book and write to me immediately about your favorite character.

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't assist me in any way you cocksuckers. Yeah, I just farted, so what?

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe it. This show? Of all things. Was I ever really married to you? I can get over the not liking chocolate thing ... somehow ... but Deadwood? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

My favorite part of Deadwood? The end credits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home