Reading is Sexy

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's been a long while, hasn't it?

All two of my readers must have missed me terribly.

Yeah, I lost a little bit of interest in reading and blogging for much of this winter. What can I say … getting pregnant takes a lot out of a girl.

A lot of things that I used to enjoy doing … eating, sleeping, cooking, reading, writing … have taken a back seat to crashing on the sofa every night after work willing myself to not throw up, while watching re-runs of the West Wing. I’m happy to say that as I’m approaching my 5th month of pregnancy, I’m starting to feel slightly more like myself …albeit a slightly puffier version of myself.

Dear readers, I must confess that I’m not a good pregnant person. Don’t get me wrong. Ryan and I are THRILLED to become parents. In fact, I think we established on our 3rd or 4th date that becoming parents was on the “short list” of things we wanted to do very soon. I can’t wait for my baby to be here, keeping me up all night (I’m up anyway) and spitting up all over me (I have too many t-shirts anyway).

But being pregnant? No thanks. Let’s see … constipation, constant fatigue, shortness of breath, gassiness, nausea, bloating, burping, hiccups, acne, mood swings, no appetite for anything but carbs, pelvic cramping, leg numbness, insomnia … these are just a few of the symptoms that I experience EVERY SINGLE DAY. I’m already counting down the days until this little miracle gets here … and I’m only halfway through my pregnancy.

Why am I telling you all this, you ask? Because I need an outlet. I think my lovely husband is getting sick of hearing me complain and probably more than a little worried that I won’t ever do this again (I will). I don’t want to burden my friends and family with my constant whining, so I’m putting it out there in the Webosphere. For those of you who have been pregnant before, it's an all consuming thought process and I need to get it out of my head and onto paper ...so to speak.

So, my apologies to anyone who happens upon this site and finds themselves appalled by my whining. I'm appalled. I'm VERY lucky to have gotten pregnant so easily when I have friends who are trying so very hard to conceive. My sincere apologies to them as well.

And I’ll do my best to get some reviews up soon, because I fully intend to start reading again very soon.

Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondering how you're doing these days!

 
At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not doing this anymore are you? Maybe it'll have to turn into a mommy blog later. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home